Welcome to Migration Counselling (MBE) of Mosaik Leipzig!
The Federal Office for Migration and Refugees supports counselling for adult immigrants in order to offer newly immigrated persons the necessary individual and tangible assistance for almost all aspects of everyday life.
Our Counselling Services
- individual case management
- joint preparation of an individual support plan (integration agreement)
- counselling and assistance in implementing the support plan
- arranging contact with other authorities and institutions
- social-pedagogical supervision while participating in integration courses
- networking and variety of cross-cultural events
Our professional migration counsellors assess the individual assistance needs and prepare, together with the clients, a tailored support plan. The agreed integration measures will be implemented according to a specified schedule and will be regularly reviewed while actively involving the clients. If required, the clients will be referred to other counselling or support institutions.
These counselling services are provided free of charge and aim to accompany and promote the integration process.
We offer counselling in the following areas
- arranging German language courses
- education and occupational issues
- access to welfare benefits
- family and childcare
- issues of residency status
- leisure time
- migrants with a prospect of long-term residence status and ethnic German resettlers above the age of 27, their spouses/partners and children
- EU residents above the age of 27
- immigrants having lived in Germany for some time
Open Consultation Hours
- Tuesdays: 2 pm – 6 pm
- Thursdays: 9 am – noon
New clients may schedule an appointment for initial consultation by phone or email.
Team (in alphabetical order)
Sarbast Akraui (intercultural counsellor/ Head of Department for intercultural counselling)
Maike Heinke (Master in Pedagogy and Education)
Fanny Schubert (Diplom in Social Pedagogy, German university of applied science)
Our counsellors are bound to professional confidentiality.
We offer counselling in German, English, Arabic and Kurdish.